Ramps

dfahey37

I am considering the Home Designer Pro 2015 version and hope someone can answer this question...In the Accessibility Ramp category, it states that ramps are by default, set at a 1:12 ­slope to a maximum height of 30" (760 mm). I'm wondering if that default value can be changed.  My specific requirement is to place a ramp from the ground to an elevated garage (in a flood zone) for a vehicle.  The elevation will be about 10 feet from the ground to the garage floor.  If the default value of the program's Accessibility Ramp cannot be changed then I wonder if someone has a suggestion on what tool I could use to draw the ramp I need to have for the vehicle.  

Why not just download the Trial version and try it ,play around and see if it suits your needs ... you can't save or  Print with it however.....perhaps a cheaper version would suffice ?

though I think the Ramps you are referring too are for ADA requirements , not a sloped driveway? as you would require

M.

Keep in mind that many things can be emulated, represented or 3D modeled using combinations of objects and tools that may not on first look be "intuitive" or labeled as what you need and want. Really learning how to do whatever you need and want is a large part of learning this software, this takes thinking out of the box and just using the tools and resources you have at hand, looking past simple settings and dialog box settings. Just because there might not be a particular named object in the Library Browser does not mean that you cannot portray it or perhaps download-import it from 3-D Warehouse to get your work done.

DJP

• 1 year later...

Thanks, Eric.

I don't have a ramp under the stair icon, just stairs and a landing.

I DO have a wedge and have used it before but it looks weird.

I am trying to model an entrance ramp in the place of stairs to our deck. I can try the wedge again, but can I then add railings?