HA newbie

richoff

I'm a new user on the Mac (OS Sierra) platform, and enjoying for the most part, the way things work (have had a number of hangs & crash's tho) :(

Q1 - Is there a way to "click thru" a graphic? e.g. - a dishwasher is added into a cabinet, and they seem to become one... when I click on the cabinet the dishwasher is always selected, subsequently I can't edit the attributes of said cabinet.

Q2 - I'm having trouble inserting a Range Hood, under a wall cabinet... it just sits in front of it.

Q3 - Was wondering if someone knows how to lower the floor of a "Stair Landing" from the rest of the floor plan. Do I somehow have to make the "Landing" a separate room? ... how is that done btw?

Thanks in advance, ... probably more to come ;)

Cheers

Thanks so far Solver.  I'm using HDA 2017

Tab doesn't seem to work, if I click on the dishwasher, then hit "Tab", the whole room goes to grey... hmmm

The Range Hood, I figured out, was at the wrong height from floor in relation to the upper cabinet (I assumed the program would know the heights) ... fixed :)

The plan was drawn as a whole, so the Landing is on the same level as the rest. Then when I add my stairs & exterior door, they don't line up. (see attached files)

PS, theres actually 2 Landings 

3D.png

Plan.png

PLEASE be for specific as to which application (Suite, Essentials, Architectural or HD Pro). Next please thoroughly read-Study your "Users Guide", that can be found under the Help menu. There extensive Help files with your application as well. Plus also under "Help" you can access the "Knowledge Base" which is searchable by topic, The software does not "Know" anything it is you who must know. the software us purely an mechanical device which must be led to any useful results.

DJP

David, in the post above, I wrote that I was using HDA 2017, meaning Home Design Architectural 2017.

Believe you me I've searched... " how to lower a section of floor" Et al ...maybe i have to hone my searching skills ;) 

I thought maybe somebody had the answer off the top of their head

For the Dishwasher -- what are you wanting to do with the cabinet? Just select it and open it, or double click it. Changes may be made in the dialog.

For the stairs. It's not clear if what you have is a landing (part of a stair structure), or a floor that is lowered in that space. My guess is the latter, so try lowering the floor in that room, then drawing in your stairs.

Thanks solver, I ended up extending the walls around the whole stair/landing area (to create a separate rm), then I was able to lower the floor.

Re - the dishwasher ; the problem is, it won't allow me to select the cabinet anymore after I move the DW into place.

52 minutes ago, richoff said:

it won't allow me to select the cabinet anymore after I move the DW into place.

You are selecting the cabinet. When you double click the cabinet, what happens?

Here I double click on cabinet and Cabinet Specification dialog opens. What happens you you do this?

richoff 1.jpg