how to add a shed roof over porch on gable end wall

s2sonoma3

How do I add a shed roof over the front porch on a gable end wall.  4 Square columns, no railing, plate height 9'.

I used railing to define a room, PORCH.  Specs and details on image.  HDS 2017

PS: How do I get rid of the mini gable on left side - it's not supposed to be there.  As far as I know I did nothing intentional to add it and I don't want it.  But HDS will not listen to me.  :-(

Thanks, Chris

Untitled 4.jpg

Easy to do in HD Pro, much harder to do in Suite. You have to set up your porch walls for the creation of a shed roof (see Roof styles tab of the Build Roof dialog)and then vary the ceiling height setting until you get a proper shed roof. You caused the unwanted gable yourself by ordering a gable via the door dialog or by placing a gable line. Remove the Gable setting in the door dialog and or remove the gable line in plan view.

DJP

• Upvote 1

I was able to add get a shed roof above the porch.  However, it's a little high.  

Roof over Porch is selected

Porch ends; both full gable wall selected 

Porch right railing High Shed / Gable Walligh selected

Gable over door; roof over door not selected

Notice: Ridge of gable above french door is not above door center;  ridge is above left door frame.

H Dr 17 - K - 2xx.plan

Front Porch 6.jpg

Huh???

Your porch finished ceiling is set to -5/8.  What were you thinking??!

The front railing wall is set as "high shed/gable" and also with an "upper" pitch setting.  What were you thinking??!

Reset the finished ceiling to 88", then set the front railing wall roof to 3" (uncheck every thing else!).

To make it look better, you should set the gable overhang to 12".

This is probably the best result you can get, with Suite.