Windows filled with wall

KellyCC

I have two stories.  In one wall there are windows upstairs and matching windows downstairs.  Everything looks perfect till I build the roof.  Then the upstairs windows fill with wall.  The windows are still there but instead of see through glass, there is exterior wall. 

I checked that the upstairs wall is aligned with the downstairs wall.

If I delete the roof I can see through the windows again. 

Or if I rebuild the roof which refills the windows, I can delete the downstairs wall and the upstairs windows return to see through/normal.  I rebuild the wall and the problem returns.

This is the only place in the house where this is happening.  I have compared the upstairs and downstairs settings on the Room Specification Dialog >Structure to other rooms in the house and they are identical.

Any suggestions?

Windows fill with wall.JPG

Got it fixed!  Thanks for the help!

The tip about the auto build wall was exactly right.  If I looked at a doll house view of the 1st floor, that wall was two stories tall (after I built the roof, but not before).  And the tip for looking in the attic (where I did not build walls so would never have guessed to look there!) let me find the problem - maybe.  I still don't understand what happened exactly. I will explain just in case this will help someone else.

After I built the walls, I added breaks in them so that I could have a surface material on the edges and not all the way across.  All seemed well until I built the roof as I originally explained.  After the suggestion of looking in the attic, I zoomed way in and found that the wall lines were not exactly straight (see #1 in the picture).  What I don't understand is that these not straight parts were in the middle of wall segment pieces (which I had not moved) and not where the walls had a break.  As you can see in the picture, the lines are all but straight; it was such a small detail that could only be seen with extreme zooming.  I deleted all three sections of the 2nd floor, and added a single wall back in.  I added widows and wall breaks and then rebuilt the roof - just like I did the first time - but this time, no more windows filled with wall.  

Wall fill window fix.jpg