raised panels on back side of island cabinet

bigriles

• 3 weeks later...

Same issue in Interiors.  I fear that this is probably "as designed", aka "crippleware" of the Home Designer series.  The Chief Architect professional series (*not* Home Designer Pro) can do this - I found a knowledge base article for that series that shows a cabinet dialog that says "front/sides/back", whereas in H.D. Interiors it just shows "Front" in that dialog.   One can rotate the cabinet to *look* at the back in the "Base Cabinet Dialog", but you cannot select it or modify it.  In looking at the product comparison chart, this is not an area that lists differences in the various Home Designer line.  (Personally, I think this really sucks).

Here is what I did.

I created another cabinet and made it the same width as the cabinet it is attached too, and then made it 1" in depth and flipped it around facing away from the other cabinet (butted them together back to back).  I then deleted the drawer, knob, and toe kick.  If you want an over hang you can add it to the new cabinet you just created. I did have to mark all cabinets Flat Sides to make it look right.

If you want the slight over hang on the sides you can create just a counter top by... creating a new cabinet and make it 1.5" in Height, then make it 36 floor to top.. you can adjust the width at this point to match the cabinets you are currently working with.

Hope this make sense.

Raised Panels on back side of island cabinet.png