SUITE17: Monolithic Slab with two levels

itr674

How do I show garage and porch 4" lower than main house floor with monolithic slab.

Our home on monolithic slab and the garage and porch are 4 inches lower.

I had been assigning rooms, such as garage and porch and then putting "-4" in the Floor (D) field and wondering if that is the correct way to go about it?

The key is the room dialog box of the Garage- Structure Tab- Floor height. Before you build an automatic mono slab you change those settings for the main house ( Edit Default Settings Floor), set the Garage or other first floor room dialog box-Structure Tab-Floor height for rooms you want to be sunken and build or in your case rebuild the foundation. The new settings will guide the software to a desired result.

DJP

DJP, thanks a bunch, I believed that worked for the garage. Here are the steps I performed:

1.  Plan, Default Settings-Floor-Edit and set the rough ceiling height to 97 1/2".

2.  Plan, Default Settings-Foundation-Monolithic Slab.

3.  Done

4.  Built a structure and then attached another structure.

5.  Main Room, Open Object-General-Room Type-Family and left all settings like they were.

6.  Garage, Open Object-General-Room Type-Garage and left all setting like they were.

7.  It now looks like the garage floor is 4" lower than the main house floor, so it worked, thank you!

However, when I added some railing for a front porch, and made it Room Type-Porch it appeared to be same level a main house floor, so I changed it to Room Type-Garage and it lowed it 4", which is what we currently have.

I'm trying to duplicate our current home so we can remodel.

Thanks again!!