Exposed rafters - size and spacing

Avocado

Apparently I'm missing something... I've gone to the Build Roof Dialog - Under STRUCTURE there is a window for Rafter  Spacing - 

I changed it to 24" from 16" as well as checking Build Roof Framing. Hit OK....nothing changes.

Also, I notice in the lower half of the window, Roof size which gives the list of the Roof components and dimensions which can be changed.

Currently for rafter: 1 1/2" x 9 1/4". However my actual size on the plan is 6"w x 7 1/2h.

OK -I found a video that shows I need to be in plan view, select the roof planes and when the window opens, select the rafter size , rebuild framing, hit ok and then it works,

I can do this....now- is this the only way to get to this window or is there a shortcut ?

To be clearer, in plan view I hold the shift key down and click-drag over the plan but it selects everything at once. So now I have to select each roof plane separately.

Is this not the correct way to do it ? SHIFT KEY , then CLICK-DRAG OVER OBJECTS. ( This is with the Roof Framing Tools Button selected)

If all roof planes are the same, you could change things in your defaults.

Click the Build Roof button, then Shift-Click-Drag.

You may select roof planes in camera views too. Using a Perspective Overview makes it easy to select individual planes.