Decrease square foot of a plan

Debbrett

Been working hard on a floor plan and have it laid out just the way we want it.  There are a couple of areas that are really just large traffic areas and a waste of space.  Our builder suggested cutting out a 2 ft strip across the entire house plan.  Is there a way to do that simply without having to recreate the whole plan?  We can adjust the interior walls as needed but we want to keep the basic design the same. I have attached a view of the plan.  The main area of wasted square footage is in the family room/entry area.  I am using Home Design Pro 2017.

King_Bridge_Farm_Original.plan

To get a smaller footprint you would have to resize the rooms, mainly the Garage, the West Master bath and the East Master bedroom.

Also check the door in the sun room  lol.

Try this... at the Gabled walls use the break wall tool and break about 6" to 12" at end of the wall and ungable it.

I'll suggest bringing in a design professional to help finalize the plan. 

You will be spending a significant amount of money to build this, consider spending a bit more up front.

Cutting a strip out of the plan just makes the house smaller, and does not address design.

One simple thing I noticed is the location of the guest bath -- just steps away from the dining table?