Creating Basic Gable Roof

Saulschultz

I am using Home Designer Architectural 2017 and am a beginner at this type of program.

I am attempting to recreate our house in the program and have done pretty well on getting the basic floor plan and 3D interiors done.  However, I cannot get the roof to look anything like our actual house!  We have an L shape 2 story with a bonus room above the garage.  Actual photOur House.jpgArchitect Floor Plan.jpg

Meanwhile, the exterior of my computer designed home looks like this:  Home Architect House.JPG

For reference, the first floor interior floor plan looks like this:  Architect Floor Plan.jpg

I called the Chief Architect help desk and have spoken to several experts but haven't really gotten anywhere.  I suspect that one or more walls in my plan are not properly drawn and as you can see, I am having HUGE problems getting the roof to work above the garage.

It seems that I cannot upload a zip file of the full plan because it exceeds the 25MB limit.

Thanks to anyone who might be able to look this over and give me some much needed advice!

Saul

sschult@bellsouth.net

As Law has demonstrated above, the other persons you sought help from were not experts as you have said. LawB10 has his settings correct and understands where they go to get a result, your settings are off and so you do not have what you want. Those settings are shown in the Build Roof dialog-Roof Styles tab. Once you fully read the Users Guide you should then know proper general procedure. The settings are fully explained in the Reference Manual under the "Roofs" Section. Learn the settings, where they are and what they do. You have already seen the results when the settings are wrong.

DJP