Foundation Walls

lmorris

A typical concrete foundation wall centers the footing on the wall.

However when I create a wall with interior finishes including rigid insulation, wood studs and drywall, the footing then centers itself on the overall assembly thickness.

Is it possible to ensure that the footing remains centered on the concrete foundation wall in this instance?

I have tried using a separate interior wall moved up against the interior side of the foundation wall which seems to work OK except that windows placed in the foundation wall do not punch through the interior partition.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Like a lot of things in this software getting the right Default Settings is the Key. You can just look for the sections in the Reference Manual that cover foundation defaults and your "Main Layer" in your exterior walls must match the setting in your Foundation walls. I assume currently that they are not set in agreement with each other.

DJP

I checked in my copy of Pro 2016 and did not see a way to automatically do this.

You may need to draw in your footings manually.

Using 2 walls back to back should work for the footings, and you could try placing a pass through on the inner wall to match up with the window in the exterior wall.