Roof direction, suggestions, guidance

Fidellaty

I've been away from HD for a while, but I want to pick back up. I got the floor plan really pretty close, but was not having much luck with the roof. I'm going to add the plan and some pictures to see if anyone knows the best way to approach this.  The back of the house (laundry, dining and storage) is an addition. The wall separating them from the rest of the house is actually an exterior wall (sided) with drywall attached.  The only direct picture I have of the back is from when we had an ice storm, but the side views would give you a better idea of what they've done with the roof. The garage is also an addition, just kind of tacked on to the house with a totally different roof height.  The front door entry presents another dilemma.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  What is the best way for me to figure out the height and pitch of the roofs?  Is there a visual approach (such as knowing the height to the window top, etc.)?  Or will it be necessary to use a ladder and tape measure?  It doesn't necessarily have to be exact, but it would be nice to get it close.  Any suggestions? Questions?  Any tips about ANYTHING else would be appreciated, also.

Thanks.

1 Home Defaults Exterior BU.plan

6972 (27).JPG

6972 (73).JPG

20160428_172629w.jpg

20160428_172703w.jpg

20160428_172716w.jpg

20160428_172724w.jpg

20160814_120151w.jpg

I have looked at the plan katalyst777 added - what has been done that is closer to the pics or images posted by Fidellaty.......am I missing something?Does it solve the questions by original post? Sorry, just trying to grasp what has been solved here....Thanks.

OK -got that - just opened the original plan post - there is an improvement on the remodelled house by kattalyst777......well done.

• Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, Robborito said:

I have looked at the plan katalyst777 added - what has been done that is closer to the pics or images posted by Fidellaty.......am I missing something?Does it solve the questions by original post? Sorry, just trying to grasp what has been solved here....Thanks.

OK -got that - just opened the original plan post - there is an improvement on the remodelled house by kattalyst777......well done.

It just looks closer.  Guess I will fiddle around with it and try to get closer.  Not sure about the entry...  Nothing solved.  I just appreciate the effort she (?)  put into trying to help.

5 hours ago, Fidellaty said:

It just looks closer.  Guess I will fiddle around with it and try to get closer.  Not sure about the entry...  Nothing solved.  I just appreciate the effort she (?)  put into trying to help.

What I have learnt, and still are learning with HDPro - is the shortcut user knowledge you get (in forum) only really comes from using the software and messing up a few times, or more - I certainly have. Happy fiddling....