Disable Auto Archive?

GroverJR

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to disable the auto archive feature? Personally, I don't need the program to back up several versions of my plans all the time. I mean, for 40 plans it is using nearly 800 MB of space! That is crazy...

Thanks in advance.

-J

Simply put, you can't....

I have no idea, why you would want that feature disabled. If you spent a lot of time and effort on a plan, the last you thing

you want to do is to re-due everything that was done.

Delete the plans you no longer use, further the software updates plans that are being worked at the time.

Last. It's not a good idea to fool around with the registry. Even if you know what your doing. Don't ask how hack the software

there simply isn't away to do so.

Well, as I wrote in my original post, I have no use for it. For people who want it, great it is there. But for users who don't it should be added as a simple feature to disable the Auto Archive. Word and other programs have Auto saves as well, but you can disable them so why not this one?

I was surprised when I saw how much space this feature uses. For me it is all about organization and as a power user I guess I will just have to figure it out for myself. And in case you are concerned about me hacking the registry, don't, I have been doing it for years LOL.

Anyway, I'll add this final addendum: if you KNOW of a way to disable the archive feature, please post a response. If you don't, then please don't post. This thread is not about discussing the pros and cons of the feature after all. Thank you.

Sigh... and for the 2nd time since you didn't post about a way to remove the feature (which is what I was asking for in the first place), that usually means you can't read and follow simple instructions:

"...if you KNOW of a way to disable the archive feature, please post a response. If you don't, then please don't post."

So, thanks for simply encouraging me to unsubscribe from my own thread as you are making it useless.