Interior design software?

DavidVR

Hi,

Has anyone used any interior or outdoor design software packages for use in the home (Just researching at the moment) ?

If so, are they any good or would you need a phD in computer programming to use them?

Thanks in advance

David

Yes. I use HD pro in my design studio for the basic design process. My assistant and I each have a separate license. We only send the design to be tweaked and ray traced in CA as I only have one license for that. 

Yes there is a steep learning curve but once you get to grips with the basics you will be amazed at what you can do. Having said that it is way easier to learn than any other CAD software out there.

Good luck and try out the free demo version and watch the training videos that are available.

W

Hi,

Has anyone used any interior or outdoor design software packages for use in the home (Just researching at the moment) ?

If so, are they any good or would you need a phD in computer programming to use them?

Thanks in advance

David

Yes, I use H D Pro.....at home,.......in my office,..........professionally.

This software is excellent value for money.

It's a set of very clever tools that does what some much more expensive (BIM) software, cannot do. E.g., Print Model.

But sorry, nothing can be achieved without some prior knowledge of what it is the software does.

I'm a newbie and still re-read the reference manual and users guides.

That's a big ask, and a little unrealistic - in my opinion.

But if you find it - share it.

Download the free trial version, go through the User's Guide, and check out the other Training resources.  Then you can decide before purchasing if this software is right for you.

Trial Request - https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/products/trial.html
Training - https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00337/resources-for-learning-home-designer.html