Managing Elevation Data

gu4u22

Go to solution Solved by gu4u22,

Hello,

I spent a lot of time making an elevation profile of my very-hilly lot (see attached picture). Home Designer imported that with no problem.

My question is regarding moving the house within the lot. I cannot seem to find a way to only select the house, so every time I try to move it, I end up moving the elevation points, which screws up the elevation.

Can I send the elevation points to a different layer but still make the elevation profile visible?

The most import thing for me right now is to be able to nudge the house to be "just right", but I have to see the elevation profile for that.

How can I do it without selecting the elevation points below the house?

Best,

Gustavo

post-9005-0-89477000-1477316892_thumb.jpg

Layers dialog.

Hello Solver,

I tried to lock the elevation layer (Terrain, Elevation Data). When I use the Edit Area (All Floors) to move the plan, it still moves the elevation points even though they are locked. If I use the Edit Area (All Floors) Visible, it keeps the elevation data in place (which is good) but it does not move all I need. 

Any help?

Best,

Gustavo

• Solution

Hello Solver,

I tried to lock the elevation layer (Terrain, Elevation Data). When I use the Edit Area (All Floors) to move the plan, it still moves the elevation points even though they are locked. If I use the Edit Area (All Floors) Visible, it keeps the elevation data in place (which is good) but it does not move all I need. 

Any help?

Best,

Gustavo

Ok, I found the answer. I checked every feature to display except for the elevation data. I then used the Edit Area (all Floors) Visible to move the plan. It worked.