Some walls and footings issues for me on house plan.

Robborito

Roche Lot 2.planI need some help please here with my model plan attached.

I have attached my plan file - which seems the best option allowing any of the more experienced HDPro users to open and toy with the areas I have marked on the floor plan in purple; I hope this happens.

Plan matters are;

1 - I have a wall above a roof that I cannot get to remain cladded;(externally panelled like the rest)

2 - cannot get a repeat of similar subfloor basement wall under entry pod;

3 - and I also have a footing in my attic plan over a closet - crazy idea, but I'm lost at trying to understand why it is there?

This software appears straightforward - yet so thorough, and whilst I think I can use it, it throws up challenges that are not always that straightforward to understand to the uninitiated. (me)

Also - I would like to get a better handle for these functions.(not always explained in the user guides etc)

Thank you all in advance.

Hope not to be a hassle.

JR.

post-2413-0-30191700-1476164114_thumb.jpg

For the missing wall cladding. You need a doorway where the stairs pass through the wall. Right now, the wall is going under the stairs. Click on the wall in a camera view to see.

I would copy the windows, pull the stairs and landing back, delete the existing wall and draw in a new one. Paste the windows back, add the doorway, then clean up the stair connections.

For the Footing -- walls above are set as Foundation Wall. Uncheck that, and the footing will go away.

Thanks Eric - All very simple when its pointed out.

I thought I had a walk thru over the stairs - I must have inadvertently deleted it?

As for the footing - I have no idea how I did that, but again thanks.

Any suggestions on the foundation wall missing? ( Under the entry room.)

I was wanting to match the other areas.

Jeff

Yes indeed - OK got that now.

Thankyou.

I still muddle with these 'structure' heights and relevance's....sometimes thinking I have it - but then again,  maybe not.

I tried the doorway past/thru the stairs suggestion you had - mmmmmmmmm.

I'll try that again. rebuild the wall etc......mmmmmmmmm.

Ok - will start it again. Still not liking it.Nor working right.

Thanks again Solver. I'll muddle on thru it.

The wall inconsistency issue seems to me to have been caused by the second part flight of the stairs.

(well as best as I can determine anyway. - move the stairs away and it heals the wall)

I will re-visit the 'split-level' advice in home designer data base.

The foundation wall thingy - I have fixed thru your suggestions.

Thank you.

post-2413-0-00720900-1476330832_thumb.jpg