Gap between floors - 3d render glitch or did I accidentally do somethng to setting?

TericS

The exterior full overview render of my project has "separated floor" - see attached picture - some how the floor platforms didn't get generated in the render.  What's wrong?

I've built a 5-story townhome after I upgraded to Pro2017 - no problem at all.  I thought I must have changed some defaults that resulted in this.  So far I've spent several days and many hours checking every tab in Default Setting and unable to find what I changed.

HELP!!!

Teric

Home Designer Pro 2017 (Prev Pro 2014, HD Architectural several generations)

Intel Sandy Bridge i5

16 GB ram

Nvidia G-Force GTX 660 2GB

post-9136-0-37108500-1475901325_thumb.jpg

As stated in signature, I'm using Pro 2017.  The signature also includes hardware info in case this is a hardware resource issue.

I'd like to attach my plan for your review - but I can't find an attach/upload button. How do I do that?

"Have you built floor framing?"
I went and checked "autorebuild framing" - No change.
In the 20 some houses I've drawn with an HD product (Architectural and Pro) I never had to tell the app to build framing. 

Any help appreciated.

Teric

Home Designer Pro 2017 (Prev Pro 2014, HD Architectural several generations)
Intel Sandy Bridge i5
16 GB ram
Nvidia G-Force GTX 660 2GB

Thanks Dave. I remember you from years ago when I occasionally lurked in Home Talk.  Nice YouTube vid. You do that professionally? 

I extended the wall polyline as you suggested - and the wall does cover the gap.  If I pull each of the exterior wall up, it'll hide the gaps.  But I'm not sure it solves the underlying glitch, which may come back to haunt me at some point.  So, unless I can find out what happened that caused the gaps in, I think I'll start the drawing from scratch.

As one last ditch effort to figure out what went wrong, I attach my file here for anyone interested to poke around.  Hope one of you geniuses can tell me what went wrong. 

Teric

HD Pro 2017 (Prev Pro 2014 and Architectural)

Intel Sandy Bridge i5

16 GB RAM

Nvidia G-Force GTX 660, 2 GB

22-24 Downing NYC Pro2017.plan

Take a good look at your exterior wall definition.

The floor framing is set to build to the exterior surface. Turn floor framing on in the camera view to see.

Set the framing to build to the exterior of the main layer.

• Upvote 1

Thanks Solver.  I don't immediately understand your response.  I'll have to look up :floor framing" in the manual.

Teric

HD Pro 2017 (Prev Pro 2014 and Architectural)

Intel Sandy Bridge i5

16 GB RAM

Nvidia G-Force GTX 660, 2 GB

In your exterior camera view, turn on the Framing Layers. You will see the floor framing is extending out to the outside of the wall. It should stop at the studs (main layer). This image is from Chief, so it may show some options you don't have, but look at what I've circled in red. post-171-0-48315800-1476198292_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1