Roof design help

retiredmarine

You've already got a 6/12 gable roof in your design over the structure and decks, but that's about the extent that Suite will let you do.

See this prior thread - https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/1193-scissor-truss/

You can't add Ceiling Planes like Pro would let you to make a true vault, but you can follow these instructions to create a cathedral ceiling.

KB-00160: Creating a Cathedral Ceiling

• Upvote 1

Katalyst777  I get that but here's what I'm trying to do - even with a 6/12 roof the bottom of the trusses don't land on thin inside wall.  If you look at the truss design it should land on the inside wall and then extend 8 feet out over the porches on either side.  However in my plan, as I have it nouw, the trusses land on the outside supports on the outside of the porches.  make sense?

You have made your attic walls invisible,  therefore they are not showing as reaching the roof underside.

If a lower cathedral ceiling below the trusses is what you want,  you can model a slanted ceiling plane in sketch-up and import it into your model.

OR...you can upgrade to HD Architectural and use a sloped soffit to represent that ceiling plane.

• 10 months later...

As a professional designer keep in mind that what is important is that YOU don't need to worry about what the truss will look like, that is the architect or designer's job.  The Truss supplier is going to take your plans and elevations, send them to the manufacturer who will actually design the roof trusses for the project. 

The building section that is being generated by the designer comes partly from the roof manufacturer, we simply plug in the information as a "visual" indicator for the builder.