Open-Beamed deck roof w-corregated cieling + room ht. glitch

PLANsLLC123

To All,

Hopefully the plan uploaded...

I am trying to put a corrugated roof over a deck, with exposed 2 x 6 rafters.  Am I on the right track with the attached drawing, and where should I go from here to make this work.

Also, having some fits trying to get my second floor level to 8' high ceiling.   It wants to stick at around 6'-10" ?  I must have checked some box incorrectly, but can not figure out how to resolve.

I appreciate any help offered.

Thank you,

Tim

Using HDP 2016

3D View; Nickoli.plan

Thank you for the response Solver.

After posting the previous message I did think to try and do the roof manually...I have attached the result.

Yes, it is a simple shed.  I built the roof framing manually, within the roof plane I created, however, the rafters are not visible when viewed from the underside.

I have attached an ORTHO view of what the deck supports are supposed to look like.

Also, the lower end of the shed roof sits over the eave of the existing structure...and the other problem I am having is not being able raise the room ht. of the structure to 8'-0", it wants to stay at 6'-8"?

Any ideas on that one?  I can not find what box I must have inadvertently checked to get the result of 'locking' the ceiling ht?

Thanks for the help...

Tim

(A.3.3) DECK COVER PLAN.planNickoli Ortho.pdf 

Thank you for the response Solver.

After posting the previous message I did think to try and do the roof manually...I have attached the result.

Auto build the house roof, it will raise. Select the roof planes and raise them via Transform Replicate. Go to plan defaults and make sure the second floor ceiling height is correct.

Yes, it is a simple shed.  I built the roof framing manually, within the roof plane I created, however, the rafters are not visible when viewed from the underside.

Have you built framing and removed anything below the framing -- ceiling materials?

I have attached an ORTHO view of what the deck supports are supposed to look like.

Please post images -- no need to make a PDF of an image and post it.

Also, the lower end of the shed roof sits over the eave of the existing structure...and the other problem I am having is not being able raise the room ht. of the structure to 8'-0", it wants to stay at 6'-8"?

Any ideas on that one?  I can not find what box I must have inadvertently checked to get the result of 'locking' the ceiling ht?

Thanks for the help...

Tim

attachicon.gif(A.3.3) DECK COVER PLAN.planattachicon.gifNickoli Ortho.pdf

The reason the ceiling won't rise is because you don't have roof for that room, you created a floating roof.

Reset your defaults back to factory settings, the stairs etc: don't show in 2d view.

The 1st floor ceiling and floor finish are set to 0" click the defaults, unless you want a concrete floor for the rooms you draw.

On the 2nd floor uncheck extend the roof downward, it won't work if there's no bump out. Use the breakwall tool and break                  the wall about 2 feet or so and ungable that piece.

Leave Auto rebuild on until your finished with the roof. Once you turn it off DO NOT add or resize the exterior walls.

post-3421-0-83952800-1474485607_thumb.pngDeck Cover.plan