L-shaped roof with 3 gable ends and strange diagonal edge

ErlendArge

Hi,

I use Home Designer Suite 2017 on Mac.

I have a problem with a diagonal edge appearing in an L-shaped gable roof. The problem is explained in the four attached images:

Fig 1. Standard L-shaped structre build according to the articel "L Shaped Structure with Full Gable Ends" on this site.

Fig 2. I insert an interior wall along with the main roof ridge. This wall creates a new room.

Fig 3. I elevate the ceiling of the new roof with a small amount. The unwanted edge appears.

Fig 4. The structure seen from outside with the edge.

The edge disappears when I move the wall break away from main roof ridge. The edge does not seem to have any physical or constructional meaning. Is this an error? Does anyone know of a way around this problem?

Hope one of you experts can help me out ...

Best regards,

Erlend

post-8570-0-84109700-1473880619_thumb.jpgpost-8570-0-75339000-1473880638_thumb.jpgpost-8570-0-07907500-1473880657_thumb.jpgpost-8570-0-33386400-1473880673_thumb.jpg

This is a plan for a cottage with falling floor and ceiling levels in one direction of the L.

As I understand from katalyst777 (thank you!) and my experiments with turning Auto Rebuild Roofs on/off, it appears to me that the best way to approach a plan is first to make the overall structure containing only main features. Next create the roof. Then turn Auto Rebuild Roofs off, and keep the roof fixed while you continue to build the interior details. 

Would you agree to such an overall approach?