Layout sheets question

rfcomm2k

This is the first time I have used layout sheets in a drawing so please be kind.

I opened the .plan file and looked at the first floor of the drawing. Clicked "File Send To Layout" and after setting the scale I saw the page. I edited the Title Block info and all was good. So I saved it.

Now, I wish to add another identical sheet to the layout, this one showing the second floor of the building. Do I need to open a new layout again, or is there a way to add a second (and third, fourth, etc)?

Just going through this at the moment rfcomm. As has been said, you need to create a new layout for each floor, which means saving floor 2 as another .plan file and doing the layout from that. Ditto with elevations and sections - new .plan files for all of them. Probably you will make changes as you go along so the your house plan will now become 2 - upstairs and downstairs.

• Downvote 3

Just going through this at the moment rfcomm. As has been said, you need to create a new layout for each floor, which means saving floor 2 as another .plan file and doing the layout from that. Ditto with elevations and sections - new .plan files for all of them. Probably you will make changes as you go along so the your house plan will now become 2 - upstairs and downstairs.

What?! No. This is really, really, REALLY bad info. You'd be creating so much more work for yourself to do every floor and elevation in multiple plans, and then every time you made a change you'd have to update every file, and with floors in different plans, your elevations would be wrong.

You create all of your floors for the structure in the same PLAN.

You generate camera views like Cross Sections and Elevations from that same PLAN.

Create a new LAYOUT file for each individual page needed for your working drawings and send views from your PLAN over to that LAYOUT.  (Also, obligatory mention of upgrading to Premier which has multi-page layouts, no print size limits, and the ability to create and save custom templates)