Gable Roof with missing exterior wall material

FrancesSD

Dormer 4.zipDear Fellow Users,

I have been using these programs since they were put out by Broderbund and you would think that by now I would have figured out how to build any roof I want, but no, I haven’t.  I really liked the facade of  “Gable Dormer Cottage”, so I downloaded it.  I made many modifications, but not (intentionally) to the front porch. I have tried every trick I know to correct this problem with no luck.  I do realize that I have probably made changes to the plan just by experimenting with the walls and roofs.  But, please someone, tell me what I am doing wrong.

Frances,

You need to toggle up to the <A> or attic level and find the wall that is building short over the porch and manually extend its length to the left so it fills in properly, The software does this sort of thing all the time and it is up to you to then repair such short falls.

DJP

• Upvote 1

Dear Jo_Ann,

This is a wonderful fix; thank you so much.  I do think the exterior should show with a perfectly straight wall, but I am well satisfied with this work around.  If I had only known. Thank you so very much. I would love to know why this works and why the issue occurs sometimes but not others. I would also like world peace. So, there you go.

Sincerely,

Frannie