Placing new objects on existing ones

rfcomm2k

I have a bathtub/shower surround. I now wish to place handicap grab bars onto the shower walls but when I try to place the object I get message that it will conflict with another object in the same location, do I want to place it anyway. I answer yes, but then when I try to render the view the program crashes.

Is there another way to place these ADA grabs? I think I might have to change the tub from a shower surround to a plain tub, add the shower head, and then add the grab and the shower door separately.

Any other ideas?

The two things may not be related, but try placing the grab bars elsewhere where they don't conflict with anything, raise their height from the floor, then hold down the Control key on your keyboard while moving them into place on the wall.

If you're still getting a crash in 3D, there's probably something else going on.

KB-00897: Troubleshooting 3D Display Problems

Thanks Kat. I placed the bar on the wall above the shower, then opened the DBX for it and changed the floor to bottom setting to 32".

When I opened a camera view it opened OK, but the grab was not visible. It was "behind" the tub surround wall.

So I just replaced the shower with a tub, added a shower head and the grab, and then added a sliding glass shower door.

• 3 months later...