Family room ceiling and wall material issue

lepettit

I am almost finished recreating my current home using HDA 2017. There are a couple of issues that I haven't been able to resolve. I built this using a single level room with no ceiling. I have included some images and my plan. I'll post my other issues in another chat. The biggest issues I have with my current plan is the family room issues posted below, my upstairs railing not meeting up and building a wall under the stairs. 

1. When I created a vaulted ceiling in the family room, the wall that meets the house keeps the exterior siding.

2. There are 2 "bump outs" in the family room, one on each end. I am able to create the spaces using an invisible wall with a ceiling above. However, you can see in the picture that instead of being flush with the vaulted ceiling, it angles into the vaulted ceiling. 

Not sure what to do to resolve these issues. Should I add a second floor and lower the wall heights?

Thanks for your help.

post-8365-0-38814700-1472454914_thumb.jpgpost-8365-0-53451900-1472454965_thumb.jpgpost-8365-0-21928500-1472454953_thumb.jpg

Home.plan

I am sorry to say that Architectural is missing the one of the key tools that you need to fix your plan, the other is the use of a pony wall which you have. The tool missing in Architectural that is present in HD Pro is "Custom Ceiling Planes". Perhaps someone else can offer a solution but I cannot think of one;

Here is a You Tube video of me working on your plan in Chief Premier X8, Home Designer Pro 2017 has the same functionality in these cases as does X8

https://youtu.be/Hu-Wgop7QlE

DJP

PS: I just thought of this, Architectural does have "sloped soffits" which can be used to fill in your gaps over the gable's ceilings!

Use an isometric wedge (on end)  from the library (shapes / wedges), carefully sized and made thin,  to cover the exterior siding that is showing because of the vaulted ceiling.

For the stairs...draw an interior wall parallel to the stairs, then carefully ctrl / drag it into and slightly beneath the right side stair wall.

• Upvote 1

Thank you for the replies. Are there any training videos that show how to use shapes to fill in spaces?

DJP: Also, the Youtube link opens, plays for a few seconds with voice then nothing. I'd like to see what you were trying to show me.