Construction Drawings

ErlendArge

Hi,

I consider buying one version of Home Designer, but I seem not to be able find any answer to this basic question:

After I finished creating my 3D constructions, are there any option to export construction drawings suitable to give to the builder/entrereneur. If so, which product do I need?

Thanks,

Erlend

Hello,

Thank you for your question and for your interest in Home Designer Software.

The answer to your question lies mostly in what your local building department requires for construction documents for the scope of the project you are doing (requirements vary drastically from place to place).  In addition some building departments have different requirements for homeowners submitting their own plan versus a professional (builder, contractor, etc.).  I would recommend calling or visiting your local building department and ask what the minimum requirements are for the project you are planning in terms of paper size, scale, engineering stamp and any other requirements for submitting a plan for permitting.

As mentioned above, our Home Designer Professional can create construction drawing pages on up to a maximum of Arch C  18" x 24" paper size.  The Home Designer Suite and Architectural can print a maximum paper size of 12" x 18".  If you building department requires a larger sheet size you would need to consider our Chief Architect Premier product.  Note that you can rent the Premier product for $199 per month.

Feel free to call or email our sales department if you have questions about which product is the best fit for you based on your building department requirements.  You can email us at sales@chiefarchitect.com or call 208-292-3400.

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Sales

• 3 weeks later...

Hi again,

I purchased the Home Designer Suite and have created a plan for the cottage I want to build.

I am able to create PDFs and printouts of the floor plan, but am unable to find out how to print a facade view. What I need is to print both the floor plan and facade views/cross sections that show relevant diminsioning for construction purposes. This is the minimum I need to build this thing correctly.

What am I missing?

Erlend

Thank you, I have looked through the product chooser repeatedly, but was unable to find this info in the list. In what section of the list? However, I assume that I must have access to layouts in order to create usabel construction documents. I.e. documents I will use to get my plan approved by the local construction authorities as well as documents to be used by the builder.