Posts not showing up in Perspective view

Snarkybc

I have Home Designer Pro 2017.  I am fairly new to this program.  I am trying to add posts for roof support on a house I drew.  It adds it in plan view, but when I go to Perspective Full Overview the posts do not show up.  I have Framing, Deck posts and Framing, Posts turned on but they will not show up.  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Eric,

When I click on the "post" it says it is a post.  I have no way of telling what layer it is on.  I am strongly thinking about upgrading from Pro 2017 to X8.  I think it will be closer related to AutoCAD and I am very familiar with AutoCAD.

Every view has its own set of layers. The layers displayed in plan have no relationship to the layers displayed in a camera view.

They need to be on in both.

If that is not the problem, post your plan file via More Reply Options, Choose File, Attach File. Make sure it's not open in Pro.

As for upgrading to X8. I encourage you to download and work with the trial. You will find it to be just like Pro, but with more features and options. Also visit the Chief forum, where there are quite a few x AutoCAD users.

You can do much with Pro, Premier just makes many things easier and faster.