LCrosno

I still haven't found where there are any instructions regarding the wall dormer coming directly off of the wall of the first or second floor, and not a dormer on the roof plane, and then doing a curved roof. I can do a regular dormer with a curved roof, and a wall dormer with a gable, but I cannot get a wall dormer to have a curved roof.

Specifically: can anyone give me instructions on creating a wall dormer with a curved roof in Home Designer Pro 2016 as shown in the link above in my original post? I'm talking about the ones directly above the entry and to the right and left- not the ones in the roof plane. Thanks.

LCrosno ... I wrestled with what you're after for quite a while a few years back (c. Pro 8 and 10).  I have not tried in more modern versions of the HDPro software, so forgive me if there may be an easier way.  I found that creating a regular dormer with a curved roof, and then exploding it and moving it to where it wanted it, led to really quirky model behavior.  Yes, that method will give an idea of what it would look like, but it causes other problems if you're even the tiniest bit OCD about how it looks.

The good news is you have HDPro, which is required to create manual roof planes.  The bad news is that while creating a curved roof using manual roof planes is possible, it can be tedious and exacting work.  I suggest that you start by manually creating a (wall) dormer using the wall tools on an upper level of your building model.  At some point, you will have to delete the roof planes that come with the manually created (wall) dormer (assuming auto generated roof), and then add your own curved roof.  See the following article from the help knowledge database for a process for doing just that: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01187/creating-a-barrel-roof.html

Good luck and hope this helps. :)

• Upvote 1

One method you could try is to use the break line tool. On the overhang, break the line in 2 places and drag it back to the wall.

Go slowly when you get closer to the wall..

For the curved roof, open the dormer specification box  click roof type>barrel...