NanaWall in Pro 2017

buffett0307

Nana wall symbols are not doors per se, they are symbols and as such you need to create a doorway and then place the nana wall symbol in that opening created by the doorway. This is how they are designed to work in Home Designer and Chief Architect software (they are not doors rather they are symbols of doors)

DJP

I also have downloaded these door objects....not really useful. Why or how they are to be used was a mystery....and until now reading this post I wonder how or why you would insert them into a doorway of the same size? Is this the intended use and installation of these? A pity really because they look great on the surface. Disappointing.

See screen shot attached - this is  hardly a useful processpost-2413-0-31928300-1470826898_thumb.png.....and surely not the intent?

This is how it will look if you place the nanwall symbol into a doorway opening in a wall.

Pro has a Center Object edit tool that makes centering it inside of the wall pretty easy, but I am not sure if it is available in any of the less advanced versions.

OK - well how does that work? Cut the hole then insert the object or something?

I use Pro - there does not appear to be any special means of preparing a wall, doorway or opening to allow insertion of the object that I can see....

Nicely done however is your image.

The Nana wall symbols are so designed and originally created by a Chief Architect Premier user Named Michael. He shared his creation freely with other users and that is how he designed an otherwise complicated symbol. If you think about it how would you make such a symbol of such complexity? Michael made a decision and his symbols work perfectly used as designed. Things generally are as they are not not always as we might like them to be.

DJP

The Nana wall symbols are so designed and originally created by a Chief Architect Premier user Named Michael. He shared his creation freely with other users and that is how he designed an otherwise complicated symbol. If you think about it how would you make such a symbol of such complexity? Michael made a decision and his symbols work perfectly used as designed. Things generally are as they are not not always as we might like them to be.

DJP

OK _ Thanks for that historical feedback David.

However, my point here is - seems the door placement has been re-invented with these doors to me....when you insert a door normally/otherwise, in the normal sense - things happen and the door is there be it a slider or other selection. Not sure I understand the logic behind how we are to place these Nana Walls. But anyway - I am learning. Maybe someone could post a short video on how these are to be placed correctly - I can't seem to make them work.

1. Place a Doorway in a wall

Place the Nanawall symbol inside or outside of the room in the general area wherever there is space for it

Resize the Doorway so that the Nanawall object will fit inside of it

Select the Nanawall symbol and use Center Object to center it within the wall and doorway

• Upvote 3

1. Place a Doorway in a wall
  2. Place the Nanawall symbol inside or outside of the room in the general area wherever there is space for it
  3. Resize the Doorway so that the Nanawall object will fit inside of it
  4. Select the Nanawall symbol and use Center Object to center it within the wall and doorway

Wow. That seemed all too easy when I thought about it - but it works. Thankyou Kat. 

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

I am using Home Designer pro 2018 , I have placed a doorway , resized , but where do you get the NanaWall .

"Place the Nanawall symbol inside or outside of the room in the general area wherever there is space for it"

I have downloaded it, I can see it when I "Manage Library" but after that I can not locate it.

I first watched this video. https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/10156/nana-wall-quick-tip.html

then downloaded from https://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/detail/991

Uploaded to my library successfully but when I try access  while in a plan , right click "open object" on door opening NanoWall was not in the Manufacturer Catalog or User Catalog.

I also downloaded the NanaWallsZip at http://www.davidmichaeldesigns.com/free.html , then converted the .alb legacy file, but I could not access this either.

Problem solved........

You must access it by clicking on View in the tool bar then by using the Library Browser. Copy and paste from there to your plan.

Without defining these to meet the filtering criteria that the libraries apparently use,  you must use this work around to copy and paste these items to you plan. Now I have also learned how to delete multiple copies of catalogs ....