Managing Layout Sets - Properties of Layout Sets

ekshue

With Home Designer Pro 2017, is there a way to establish layout sets and then toggle between those layout sets as you create say, the Architectural Floor Plan, Foundation Plan, Electrical Plan, Plumbing Plan, etc.?  I currently have 166 Layout Sets in the file (as noted at the top of my "Layer Display Options" dialog box) but cannot find how to revert to a favorite set for each layout.  I am hopeful that there is a way to establish a group of items to show on a layout and then be able to come back to that same group without having to scroll through the Layer Display Options dialog box and recheck / uncheck items each time I want to update a layout.  I think I know the answer to my question but I thought I'd ask anyway.  (perhaps one of the limiting factors of HD Pro and the solution is a more robust version?).

Thanks for looking.

• Upvote 1

No, not in Home Designer Pro. It's layout files are one per page and only one page (layout file) at a time can be open at one time. In Chief Architect Premier its layout page file contains 1,000 potential pages in a single layout page file, so what you are looking for exists in Premier only.

DJP

You don't have Layout Sets, but Layers, and Layouts.

With Home Designer, you have a fixed set of Layers that may be edited, turned on and off, but not grouped.

If your basic plan is fixed -- that is, you are not changing walls and other structure, you could make copies of the plan, one for electric, one for plumbing etc. Each of these would have Layers set as needed for the specific type of layout.

• Upvote 1