bow and bay windows

belmont

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

what version of Pro ? in newer versions you change the width/depth and height off the ground in the Bay's DBX in older versions like mine you have to do it all in Plan View ,click and Dragging the walls for width and depth and then in an elevation view drag the bottom of the wall up if it is not to go down to the foundation.

There is no place to enter any measurements into the DBX.  The only way I can change the size is by manually clicking and dragging, and even then it will only let me adjust the width.  Dragging the walls down or up does nothing to the height of the windows.  It won't let me adjust the height anywhere that I can find.  The DBX only gives me options for roof line, suppressing dimensions, and adjusting framing between windows.

• Solution

what version of Pro ? in newer versions you change the width/depth and height off the ground in the Bay's DBX in older versions like mine you have to do it all in Plan View ,click and Dragging the walls for width and depth and then in an elevation view drag the bottom of the wall up if it is not to go down to the foundation.

Sounds like 2014 has the same DBX as Pro10 or all other Older versions , so yes you have to do it in plan view ,width and depth of wall ( grab small edit handle in each case and drag out) too adjust the height off the Floor/ground you need to do that in an elevation view of the wall/window box ,select the window box and drag the bottom up as needed.

edit: correction

I am not sure why it makes the windows 36" high to start ,but after some playing in a test plan I discovered , that if you select the bay window , then click Next Object , it will let you edit the height and width of the Window you click to select the Bay on , this can be done in any view , on all 3 windows :)

M.

post-25-0-50187900-1407713288_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-47779500-1407713737_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-80531300-1407713311_thumb.jpg