HP Designjet 600 Plotter

EddyWright

Hello Everyone,

I picked up an older HP Designjet on eBay and after a little jostling, I was able to get it set up in Windows 10 by using the XP 64-bit driver.  I can print from any application except Home Designer Pro for some reason. When I select print, everything looks fine but when I click the Print button, nothing is sent to the printer and there is no error message.

I am working around the problem by printing to PDF then printing from Acrobat Reader with no issues.

Anyone else using a Designjet printer?

Thanks,

Eddy

Given the print size limits of the Home Designer line, I don't think you'll get much feedback here.

Since the driver is from XP but you're running on Windows 10, tech support probably won't be able to help.

Maybe try posting over on ChiefTalk but if the extra step of printing to PDF first is working for you, then I probably wouldn't stress it.

• Upvote 1

It is working for me, just an extra step.  

I understand it's an old plotter, I can't justify the money for a newer plotter than can print 18" x 24". I assumed that some are using plotters with Home Designer Pro since it supports Arch C drawing size...

Thanks,

Eddy