Steveng

Hi
Platform: Home Designer Pro 2017.  I'm working on a cabin design for property we have in Idaho. I'd like to save the floor plan such that I can send it to our builder, architect, GC, etc.  I do see that I can import a PDF file, but what I want to do is save/export in PDF.  (Note: exporting to JPEG file doesn't really get the job done.)  thanks in advance

You can save a layout file to a pdf and the Knowledge Base will show you how to do this. 

Be aware that you can only do one page layouts with pro, but that is not problem as you will do a different plan file for each layout.

ie. the design will be one plan file (if it is single floor), maybe 2 plans for elevations. Similar for sections. You will then do a layout from each plan file and save to pdf.

Pat

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

you will do a different plan file for each layout.

ie. the design will be one plan file (if it is single floor), maybe 2 plans for elevations. Similar for sections. You will then do a layout from each plan file and save to pdf.

Pat

Halycon's advice is very WRONG and would create way more work in addition to inaccurate exterior elevations.

KB-00484: Generating a PDF File

• Upvote 1