Openings with angle in thick walls

Santiboss

Hi there,

I was wondering if it's possible to make openings (windows & doors) with angle in thick walls in order to facilitate the light came in to the room.
I don't know how to explain it better and this is the reason which make it impossible to find the answer through the forum. I attached a real photo of this kind of windows so as to help understand.

Thank you.

post-7997-0-79214100-1467826782_thumb.png

Thank you Katalyst but this isn't exactly the same because in my case the wall is completely flat. The thickness of the wall is 600mm.

The width of the opening outside is 970mm, inside is 1200, and the real dimension of the window is between both.

I attached another view from the outside.

Thank you again for your fast answer.

post-7997-0-45943900-1467827983_thumb.png

The key is to make the exterior wall thicker and then as LawB suggests use a thinner wall segment for the window to be in and to slant the sides, as LawB suggests. It is a bit of additional work to do so. How much you do is controlled by your desire to have it look right or not.

DJP

Hi there,

Thank you all but I'm still fighting with this issue.
Here it is the solution I understood you gave me and on the right the one I would like.

The chamfers around the window aren't from the floor to the top of the room, just around the window.

post-7997-0-20958200-1468082164_thumb.png

As Eric mentions, what you want to achieve may be possible depending on which software title and version that you're using.  For example, I quickly created the sample below using HDPro 2017.

To start, I used two thicknesses of walls and placed a standard window in the thinner wall.  From the Shapes library, I placed a wedge below and an inverted wedge above the window taking care to size to match the walls.  I created and placed very thick (i.e., tall) triangular slabs beside the windows.

Not all Home Design software titles will have the capability to reproduce my efforts, so it is somewhat important to know which version you're using so that other users here in the forum can better advise you how to achieve your desired results.

Good luck. :)

post-251-0-09347100-1468116281_thumb.png  post-251-0-42226000-1468116290_thumb.png

Okey, I have already updated my profile.  :P 
I'm a mechanical designer and I work with solidworks, this is a hobby for me so I don't want you to waste your time, just I thought that it would be simplier.

I'm going to try to follow Elovia's steps so this is exactly what I want.

You will have news...

If you go by what is shown in the pic, the software version doesn't matter, as all versions can do that.

The Window is not flush with the exterior wall it looks to be 4 to 6" inches in the wall, which is what I thought

the OP was looking to a achieve.

The easiest way to do what was shown in the 2 pics, is to use the Mediterranean template and simply make the wall thicker.

Alright Solver.

Sorry guys but I think this is too much for me, maybe another time I'll try again, moreover this isn't as much as important than other things I should learn now.

Thank you again.

;)