Truss Configuration

OregonBob

Plan has shed roof with parallel cord truss of 30" in depth running from High Shed Roof to oposite side with 29' span at a 3/12 pitch.  A couple of questions.

1. How do you define the truss height post engineering?

2. How do you deterime what the height of the top plate is on the high shed wall? (not the pitch)

3.How do you avoid what is depicted in the screenshot? (truss sticking above roof plane)

I have walked through the setup instructions several times and I am missing something.

Thanks in advance for any advice, I am learning but I have a ways to go to call myself proficient.

post-7034-0-17188400-1467238392_thumb.jpg

Everything should be in the help system.

Also, some of the YouTube videos go over this. Look for Advanced Roof.

1. Trusses are built between the roof and ceiling planes.

2. You don't need to know this, but you can measure it with the dimension tools.

3. See #1

--------------

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

1. Trusses are built between the roof and ceiling planes.

Your trusses were built before you manually created trusses, that is why they are sticking through the roof plane. Each truss must not be opened and marked "Force Truss rebuild" to correct the existing situation.

2. How do you determine what the height of the top plate is on the high shed wall? (not the pitch)

This is controlled firstly by the ceiling height setting per room specification dialog or Edit - Default Settings - Floor - Ceiling Height setting per floor. There is an additional control for specific truss conditions in the "Build Roof Dialog - raise off plate input box" that is fully explained in your Reference Manual.

In every State of the USA only Structural Engineers can design trusses and other structural instances, are you a State Licensed Structural Engineer?

DJP