Libraries

Hatton

Just wondering if they were ever going to release new libraries from the Home Designer versions?  I have home pro 2015 and the libraries need new ones.  Would love to have Valspar colors collection, I had it once before and somehow lost it.   Chief gets a new one about once a month, the cheap versions should as well.  Just my humble opinion.  

Thanks

Jim 

They do what they do. 

Have you availed yourself of the library catalogs available here yet:

http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/library&search=&x=0&y=0&x=true&soft_family_2=2&hid_soft_family_2=2&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=

There is also a lot of useful free symbols here for download and use:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/?redirect=1

DJP

Yep have all the libraries from Chief and yes I do they do what they do.  LOL.  Don't like the idea of having to log out one license on one computer, than logging it back in on another, but what can we do? LOL 

not much has changed in the Libraries since the 2012 versions , probably cos Chief has spent 2 yrs getting of Chief for Mac ( and HD titles) so hopefully now along with bug fixing there will be time for some Modern Libraries , (more in tune with design from the last decade :)  )

if you have a jpeg of the Valspar colour you can import it as a custom material and apply it , check out the KB for a Tutorial if you don't know  how.

Mick

• 2 weeks later...

Though we haven't released many add-on catalogs for the Home Designer Product line recently, we have done some updating (maybe about 30% so far?) to the Core Catalogs.

From the Library menu, select "Update Library Catalog" to get the latest objects. You should notice that many objects, specifically in the Appliances, Lighting, and Furniture areas, have been updated to have higher quality and modernized 3D geometry.

Because these objects are stored in the Library only, you will need to replace items in your designs with the new variations... objects in your existing designs will not update automatically.

We have more updates to the core catalogs and the bonus catalogs you have access to from the 3D Library planned. Hopefully these changes will help to make your scenes more interesting and relevant!