Walls only showing half walls

rodhealydesign

Hi guys

I have made some adjustments to some settings while trying to create a garden shed, and I realised that I'd altered something before I had saved it.

I noticed the wall had a patch of wood (not the exterior material of bricks), so when I looked in doll house view, it's not displaying the top half of the wall.

I'm really not sure what setting I altered, must be something with roofs maybe....

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Rod

post-7207-0-76318600-1466075904_thumb.png

post-7207-0-28864900-1466075915_thumb.png

This software is controlled by a hierarchy of settings starting with Edit - Default Settings etc and then lower down the chain in Room Specification Dialog Settings mainly in the Structure Tab.

Since I do not have your plan, I then have to guess what is the problem. My guess would be that you set room ceiling heights in your Room Dialog boxes but NOT in Edit - Default Settings - Floor. This is a good guess but merely a guess, you will get better answers when you also share your current plan file so we can then look and not guess.

DJP

Thank you David

Yes I was able to fix it via the Edit > Default Settings etc, so thank you. ( I have attached a screenshot of where I edited).

In terms of sharing the plan for ease of future post, what file format would you need that in, the original plan file?

Or will I need to export to a certain format (listed in screenshot attached).

Appreciate your help once again, if we ever cross paths, I will have to buy you a drink  :)

Regards,

Rod

post-7207-0-99591400-1466118444_thumb.png

post-7207-0-12335800-1466118447_thumb.png

In terms of sharing the plan for ease of future post, what file format would you need that in, the original plan file?

Or will I need to export to a certain format (listed in screenshot attached).

The various choices are due to who you are sharing the files or views with. Exporting 2D DXF or DWG views is for sharing with other 2D based CAD programs like AutoCAD, TurboCAD, IntelliCAD and others.

3DS file format is for posting 3D models for others to view, freely at Sketchfab.com or persons who have other 3D CAD programs like Lumion, Artlantis, Revit and others.

For sharing with my clients I use Adobe PDF because the ability to print and view such files is almost universal

I see from your images that you have Chief Architect Premier, as such you should, in the future post at Chief Talk, few persons here have Premier but rather have Home Designer titles.

DJP