Roof control in Architectural better than Suite?

BcatV1

By the way, I did download the trial version of Arch, and looks very similar, but I'm hoping that someone here can tell me if digging deeper in Arch will reveal better controls.

thanks again.

Thanks Solver, though I'm sorry to hear that. I think CA makes a mistake there, for their intended audience for designer vs CA. Its the one thing I like better in Punch, and it may push me back to it. 

...I think CA makes a mistake there, for their intended audience for designer vs CA.

Just to be clear - manual roof control is in Home Designer Pro rather than  CA Premier. The 'Pro' name is a poor choice in my opinion as the Home Designer range is not the professional range.

If you have a copy of your plan and an image of the kind of roof you want, we can probably offer some pointers on how to create something pretty darned close in Suite.

I believe David's statement that there is no difference between Pro and Premier with regards to roofs is inaccurate.

For one, I know that curved roofs aren't in Pro, but they are in Premier.  It's been quite a while since I looked at the trial version for Premier, but I believe there are a number of other differences as well.

Update - Just checked, yep, there are a bunch of panels not even in Build Roof with Pro in regards to rafter tails, fascia, gutters, shadow boards, the arrow that exist in Premier.  There's also Roof Layers in Premier.  Probably other things too.

Edited by katalyst777
  • Upvote 4