garage floor height vs kitchen floor height

floridauk

after the professionals stop laughing at me, i wondered if someone could guide me....

the homes i lived in with garages either had a garage floor level with the kitchen door you entered through or just a slight step up and so that is what i am familiar with.  when i design a home and add the garage and some of the grouped utility areas, the garage floor is afoot or more lower than the door you enter the home with and some of the workshop storage is floating at the height of the kitchen floor.

is this altered only after creating the property perimeter and how or could someone tell me how to adjust the garage floor to match the rest of the home i designed

and i am not ashamed to say i am called learning disabled and on the autism spectrum....sort of like the guys and amy on big bang theory except my husband is the genius....so it helps if you are kind and sort of give A>B>C> steps so i dont spend 2 weeks trying to figure it out.....you know, we are smart but thick!!!

thanks for your time

Home Designer does not do "slanted or sloped floors" like garages commonly have. So to account for that I usually drop the floor level of a garage about 6" relative to the rest of the house. I mark the garage floor plan area "sloped floor". The idea is that the highest floor level is higher than minus 6 inches but does account for the sloped floor so the lowest point would per force be undeath the garage door's bottom. In thirty years of drafting I have found this workable.

DJP

Thanks, David, very much, for the guidance and amazingly, i think i get it!!  will be thrilled to learn as all the designs i do have this issue...

I really appreciate you taking the time out to reply....have a nice weekend

warmly

jackie