Walls Missing Between Different Roof Levels - Can Anyone Offer Guidance?

BoyceLane

I am fairly new to Home Designer and am trying to figure out why the walls shown in the thumbnails below are absent between the upper and lower roof levels. I have searched through the Home Talk threads for subjects that I felt might address the problem, and looked through various tutorials provided by Home Designer. So far, I have not found a solution. I tried changing the setting on the walls in question to “balloon through ceiling above” and it did not make any difference. Any help on this would be appreciated.

post-6554-0-17300600-1463510491_thumb.jpg

post-6554-0-36420800-1463510504_thumb.jpg

post-6554-0-89888800-1463510514_thumb.jpg

Home Designer software is pretty cool but perfect, it is not. The results you get are more a reflection of your skill and knowledge than the quality of the software. Commonly the software would produce auto-generated attic walls but it sometimes misses them in your case. So you must go up to the attic level (<A>) level and manually draw them in with the wall tool. It is that simple, you can see where they are to be drawn by turning the "Reference Display" which displays the first floor walls in "red" from the attic plan view level.

DJP

Thank you for your quick reply! I tried this and it was most helpful. If anyone else experiences this problem, I am using your suggestion along with another nugget of information from the Knowledge Base section of Home Designer. I found a tutorial under the Walls Section called Aligning Walls Between Floors. I drew a wall on the attic level, but needed to see where the corresponding wall is on the second floor level, and this tutorial addresses that issue. After drawing the attic wall, I also did an Open Object (on the wall), clicked Structure, and clicked Stop at Ceiling Above.