Always Show Dimensions, Change Dimension Font Style, Size

MTSanjuan

Currenlty using HD Interiors 2017...2 questions..

1. I am creating exterior wall, how do i keep the dimensions on all the time.  It seems i can draw the line and see the dimension, but then they go away.  Need to keep all wall dimensions on always.

2.  Can i change the font and size of the dimensions.  I hate the grey color, size and font.  Is this customizable?  I saw in KB that using Edit, preferences changes but I dont have those options.

Temporary dimensions are on only when dimensionable objects are selected they otherwise cannot be "on" otherwise. Other dimensions can be drawn manually. All dimensions can be edited manually or via Edit Default Settings - Dimensions.

The first lesson to learn is what this software is able to do and what it is not able to do, it works as intended no matter how we might want it to work.

DJP

LawbB10: this feature is "on", not sure what it is supposed to do.  I still dont get the wall length (dimensions) always on.

David:  is there a way to always have the wall dimensions shown, even when a wall in not selected?  Yes or No.. if Yes, then how?  thanks

There's a tool at the top.  I've moved mine around, so I'm not sure what it should be. It looks like a ruler. When you hover it says "Manual Dimension", if you choose the down arrow it has options and there's one that says "Auto Exterior Dimensions".