Sloping Half Wall

dbritti

Can someone tell me how to create an interior dividing wall that starts at ceiling height but slopes (curves like a ramp) down to a half wall?  I can create a wall with a straight slope using a wedge shape sitting on top of a half wall but I want there to be a curve to the slope.  See image below.  THanks for any help!!  I'm using Home Designer Interiors 2016 on a mac laptop. 

post-7230-0-51493200-1462647124_thumb.jpg

With a fair bit of work, it can be done in HDPro, but I'm not sure it can be done in HDInteriors.  Here is my technique applied in Pro (I don't have Interiors so cannot verify it works in that title):

After drawing the wall, I viewed it in a back-clipped camera.  I then drew a CAD arc on the face of the wall in the shape of the desired curved slope.  I then drew a vertical CAD line from the tallest height of the wall to below the lowest point of the arc, and used the Transform/Replicate tool to create many copies offset from each other by 3".  Then I selected the wall and used the Break Wall tool on the wall where the top of the wall was crossed by a CAD line.  Once all the wall breaks were in place, it was a simple matter to snap the new vertices to the intersection of the CAD line and arc.

The smaller the space between CAD lines, the smoother the curve will appear.  You could use smaller than 3" spacing.  It just depends on how much work you're willing to put into it for the desired results.

Good luck. :)

• Upvote 1