Increasing floor tile size - Home Designer Pro

rodhealydesign

Go to solution Solved by jeromecorey,

Hi guys

I am a cheiftalk rookie, but glad to be here.

Just wondering how I increase my floor tile size ( from default size to 400mm x 400mm).

I am relatively new to Home Designer Pro, but I have had a look through the options, but can pull it off.

Please help :-)

post-7207-0-57603600-1462515794_thumb.png

Hi Alan

I appreciate your reply. That wasn't what I was after, However, the thing you suggested actually helped me out on another issue I am having (one at a time:-). So thank you for that.

I am looking for a way to increase the floor tile dimensions (bigger tile)?

Regards,

Rod

This knowledge base help article should help: https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-01084/creating-a-custom-library-material.html , the main thing is to use the "Define Materials" tool ( its icon is a tricolor), when you use it you get a "Define Material Deffinition" dialog which allows you to resize a material and to do other intended edits, the article will introduce you to it.

You know, everything you need to know is already in the Reference Manual, Users Guide and provided videos (found under help)

DJP

Hi David

Thanks you for your post. I have followed your link and the instructions, and it set the texture I have selected out of my User Catalogue, and it does set the texture, however the grout (lines between the tiles) will not show up? I have made the lines black to see if they show up, but its just eh pattern as one image.

Is there a step I am missing?

Thank again for your assistance.

Regards,

Rod

A material is composed of a pattern file which is "Vector Based" (just lines) and a texture file (an image made of pixels) if the grout lines are some color other than black in the associated image you must make a copy of the image, changing the texture based grout lines with darker ones in an image editing program like Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro or some other image editing program, then re-import the edited image as a custom material.

DJP