Build Floor for addition to existing model

JParch

Go to solution Solved by solver,

Hi,

I am running HomeDesignerPro 2017. I had created a model of a small 2-story gable-roofed home in HomeDesignerPro (same version) that was complete. I now want to add a small addition to the gable end wall that consists of 1 room on the 1st floor & 1 rm on the 2nd floor.  I have drawn the addition on the 1st floor and am able to select the interior as a "Room" to give it ceiling height, finishes, etc.  On the 2nd floor I have drawn the walls of the addition, but how do I "Build Floor" for the 2nd floor of this addition when I already have a 2nd floor in the model?  It wants to add a 3rd floor, which is not what I want.

I don't want to delete the existing 2nd floor and start over.  Is there a way to put an addition on an existing model? I can't select the space enclosed by the 4 walls of the addition (3 of the addition and 1 shared wall of existing) to bring up the Room Specification presumably because there is no floor.

Thanks in advance!

As Eric said -- just add the second floor addition to your existing second floor.  You may want to make a new wall definition for this addition so they are easily identified as new.  Just take the existing wall that you are using and make a copy then change maybe the hatch to distinguish it from the existing walls.  If there are walls to be demolished you may want to separately identify them also.

Alan