Name of standard textures in california homes

seekingbuddha

I tried to  set the default  value for my interior and exterior  walls.  I see many choices for standard interior drywall  texture.   What is the  simple  drywall texture  that  you see on most common homes ?   Mine  simply  looks like it has been flatted with a flat tool (has gentle ups and downs, not smooth interior wall). Is there a name i should be searching for, to find this  rather than scroll through hundreds  possible on default list ?

I have no idea if the state of California has any kind of unique wall materials, and without an image of what you're trying to describe, check . . .

Core Catalogs> Materials> Fabric and Wall Coverings> Textured

Most common ones that I use come from the folders of Bumpy, Dimpled, Orange Peel, Textured Plaster or Textured Solid.

• Upvote 1

Based on your suggestions,  i  see  "Textured plaster Bone"  as the closest resemblence to my current wall.  "Dimpled"  also has resemblence and i wish i could mix these two textures.   Still on a journey to find how to create the exact texture i see on my walls.  I guess later i will find a way to import a photo image of my wall into  the  Interiors software.  Thanks for your reply.

Take a picture of the wall, save as a  .jpeg and import to you're hard drive. 

Open HD and Right click on User Catalog>new.>material

Click texture> select - a box will open, find the picture on your hard drive and click open.

Click " Stretch to fit"  click OK