Roof on Front Porch

SaltyDawg

Hello,

I am working on a simple 1.5 story cape with a 12/12 roof in Home Designer Architectural 2016 on a Mac and have added a front porch. I have followed several on-line tutorials and for the life of me, I can't figure out the roof over the porch without destroying my main roof line. I want to add a 6 pitch shed roof over the porch.

I am obviously missing something but I can't see it. 

A place to start will be found in the "Build Roofs" dialog - "Roof Styles" tab where basic settings to build certain roofs will be found. You need to read the section about "Shed Roofs" and apply that data to your currently uncovered porch. That may lead to other steps you may need to take. Only Home Designer Pro allows manual roof editing and creation, all other titles depend ONLY on settings and additional temporary walls to get roof designs done.

DJP

• 8 months later...

I just bought Suite and I could not find where it said it would not build porch roof when two different roof pitches are being used.  Seems that is a pretty common situation. 

The main roof is 10/12 and I'm trying to put a 4/12 wrap around roof on the house.  is this possible in Suite?

22 minutes ago, itr674 said:

I just bought Suite and I could not find where it said it would not build porch roof when two different roof pitches are being used.  Seems that is a pretty common situation. 

The main roof is 10/12 and I'm trying to put a 4/12 wrap around roof on the house.  is this possible in Suite?

Best to start a new thread, but to answer, I believe it will do what you want. Do you have the Upper Pitch option?