Corner windows from wall to wall

bhozar

Hi 

help some beginners  help please Followed the instructions on how to create corner windows but i am unable to size the windows so I have corner windows each side of the box window

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00673/creating-corner-windows.html.

So how do I resize the windows so the corners meet each side of the box window. I have attached an image. I am using Home design pro 2017. Thank You

post-6935-0-58740800-1460620589_thumb.jpg

cornerwindows.plan

Could you attach your plan file?

--------------

It helps if we know what title (Suite, Pro etc) and version (2014, 2015 etc) you are using. You can add this info to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click My Settings, then Signature on the left. 

Resources for self help:

The built in Help System (always a good place to start)

Hi Eric thanks for your reply I am  using home design pro 2017 and have tried to  attached my plan to my origanal comment. Tried for hours but can not get the windows to meet in both corners

Usually the key setting for this is in Edit - Default Settings - Windows - Minimum Separation - set that value to zero inches and the other one is found in "Edit - Default Settings - Plan - Ignore casing for opening resize". That setting is usually the culprit when trying to do what you are trying to do. 

DJP

Hi Eric thanks for your reply I am  using home design pro 2017 and have tried to  attached my plan to my origanal comment. Tried for hours but can not get the windows to meet in both corners

Uploaded plan to original question

Usually the key setting for this is in Edit - Default Settings - Windows - Minimum Separation - set that value to zero inches and the other one is found in "Edit - Default Settings - Plan - Ignore casing for opening resize". That setting is usually the culprit when trying to do what you are trying to do. 

DJP

Hi DJP I have tried that but with no luck still the same, I have uploaded my plan to my original question

You would think this would be easy to do! should i contact technical as I only got the software 10 days ago and this feature is need in 90% off our designs. If this is not possible the software is not suitable for  my needs and will request a refund . thank you for trying it was sending be crazy.

Hi DJP I have tried that but with no luck still the same, I have uploaded my plan to my original question

DJP I have uploaded plan but after many hours I can not get the front window to stretch the full length and meet each side window with corner post any idea would be great!

I tried and tried but like Eric, was unsuccessful getting the corner window to work every time, I got it to work about one out of ten try's, so I consider it a rather buggy situation worthy of a bug fix, it should not be as hard as it currently is to do.

DJP

I did find this Knowledge Base help article:https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00673/creating-corner-windows.html

At the top of the articles it states that the articles only applies to Chief Premier and Chief Interiors so cannot be done in any Home Designer titles, sorry.

DJP

In the new features PDF for HDP 2017 it does list:

Corner Windows. Bump windows together at wall corners and choose to include or remove the corner post at the sash joint to create a glass corner.

So the feature is applicable, although it doesn't say whether its limited to one corner for a single window which seems an odd limitation.  If this is by design then that document should be made clearer so people realise the professional products still do more in this area.

In the new features PDF for HDP 2017 it does list:

Corner Windows. Bump windows together at wall corners and choose to include or remove the corner post at the sash joint to create a glass corner.

So the feature is applicable, although it doesn't say whether its limited to one corner for a single window which seems an odd limitation.  If this is by design then that document should be made clearer so people realise the professional products still do more in this area.

I assumed this was a feature in the newest version of Home Designer, but tested in the latest version of Chief Premier. I could not make a single window work, so I'm betting this is something the developers never anticipated.

I did verify that two windows can be made into a corner mitered glass window in X8 but three does not work. I reported it to Tech Support as a bug or feature request. I will share what they say when I get a response. I think Eric already noticed this earlier and I verified it in X8 and Pro 2017 as a short fall of function.

DJP

Hi Everyone for people that are interested this is the response from the Technical team:

Unfortunately that is not an option at this time, but it is a great feature request. I think that it has been requested more than once. I have passed our request along to our Development Team.

If you need to return the software, our Sales Department would be happy to help you. They can be reached at 208-292-3400 or at the toll-free number of (800)-482-4433. Their hours of operation are 6:00AM-5:00PM Pacific Time, Monday-Friday. Their email address is sales@chiefarchitect.com

You would think that joining 3 windows in a box or bay windows would not be a problem as most bay windows do not have walls in between they come as one unit! I am going to have to return the software which is a shame really  as I was getting on with it great as a newbie .

Thanks

bhozar

• 1 month later...