Trouble with stairs - automatically creating angled wall

jdchicker

Go to solution Solved by jdchicker,

I am trying to create a stairwell that has a 90 degree turn.  I figured out how to use the winders (and this is almost working right - for some reason the corner is not filling), but my bigger issue is what is happening to the wall next to the top half of the stairs.  If I draw the wall that is supposed to go around the stairs, it initially looks fine, but then when I refresh things, it cuts the top of the wall off at an angle that follows the line of the stairs.  I have erased and redrawn the wall several times and it keeps happening.  Is there a way to prevent this?  

Also, is there a way to have different handrail sections at each run of the stairs (i.e., one with balusters for the lower part with no wall and one without balusters attached to the wall that keeps disappearing).

post-6690-0-69365200-1460292622_thumb.png

post-6690-0-24326300-1460292629_thumb.png

post-6690-0-57337700-1460292639_thumb.png

post-6690-0-26549200-1460292643_thumb.png

Stair Trouble 10APR16 v1.plan

I have the same issue.  It seems as if the stair gets a little too wide (no idea why) and if I pull in the width then the winder section pops backing shape.  If I go back to it later then sometimes it has stayed put but then on other occasions it goes back to what you are experiencing.  I would send the plan to tech support and ask them to look at it.  If you lookout the second screen shot it appears as if that wall is cutting into the stair at its LH end.  If you pull that back then the stair winder section should correct itself.

I should add that I was using Chief but they both have the same basic programming.

Alan

That looks pretty good, with the exception of the lack of runner on the landings; at least it is structurally closer to the actual house.  I will try it with my model.  Thanks for the help!!

Also, I submitted my issue to tech support yesterday (before your response).  I will re-post if they come up with a different solution that is better.

David,

The same thing you did in the Video is what I had done.

The issue is when  you use winders instead of landings, it screws the wall up, for some reason the wall follows the stairs even if you move the wall away

from the stairs.