saving multiple cabinets as one in my library

3puttking

Go to solution Solved by solver,

I've designed a 5' entertainment cabinet with 4 doors below. I'm trying to get the (2) outside doors stained glass, the (2) inside doors framed. There are (2) ways to do this.  One big cabinet using "seperation --vertical". The second, bunching (3) cabinets together. 18" glass, 24" double framed doors, 18" glass.  The bunching of the cabinets IS the look I want, now I would like to save this to my library as one cohesive unit.  I can Shift and click the 3 cabinets together, but can only move them as one unit.  I can't save them as one unit.  (First pic attached it's the far right cabinet I'm trying to save)

When I do the one big cabinet with sepration- vertical's.  I either get all glass doors, or all framed.  (2nd pic)

I do a lot of custom cabinetry and saving the designs would be real helpful as one unit.

Thanks,

Matt (3puttking)

post-4609-0-27996500-1460145476_thumb.jpg

post-4609-0-60545100-1460145503_thumb.jpg

As for technique-  The second way I designed the cabinet was to make one 5' cabinet and relocated the separation-verticals. (it's all about the door hinge swings)  However I was unable to get the center doors "framed panel".  i.e. glass, wood frame, wood frame, glass.  I could only get either all glass or all framed.  Is it possible?  (second thumbnail above)

lots to learn, but getting there.

Matt

In the 3d view,  if you select the blocked cabinet, then hit the tab key, you can modify each cabinet without unblocking the unit.

Another good tip Jo Ann. Also seems to mostly work in Plan view, although I never could select an upper cabinet in a kitchen.

As for technique-  The second way I designed the cabinet was to make one 5' cabinet and relocated the separation-verticals. (it's all about the door hinge swings)  However I was unable to get the center doors "framed panel".  i.e. glass, wood frame, wood frame, glass.  I could only get either all glass or all framed.  Is it possible?  (second thumbnail above)

lots to learn, but getting there.

Matt

Cabinets in Pro can only have one type of door, unless changed in 2017.