How to evenly space multiple objects within another?

DaveTheB

Go to solution Solved by DavidJPotter,

I'm good at that. :-)  But I thought it was a safe assumption that there'd be a feature where I could select the windows and tell HDPro "distribute these evenly within this span."  The kind of simple computation computers were made for. Not the case?

• Solution

How close you can place windows is controlled in Window Defaults - spacing. That value can be as little as zero to whatever you like. Otherwise it is like Eric said: measure your space. Figure out how many windows at what dimensions and then place the windows, then group select the four windows and use the "Center tool" on the group selection set. Same as you would do in the field.

DJP

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

I'm working in HD Pro '18 and the center tool isn't function right, what am I doing wrong.  I placed a 76" wide door on a wall and it will not center this door using the "center" tool.  Since I'm watching a you tube tutorial for this specific program, she's centered her door, and my program has the tool, I know it must be me.   I'm working on a Mac but I don't think this has anything to do with it and I can't find anything addressing this particular question.  TIA