Crown molding in open-to-below rooms after recent patch

GeertDC

Hello,

After applying the latest patch for Home Designer Pro 2015 earlier this week, crown moldings in open-to-below rooms show up in the room below. It makes the crown molding appear in the middle of the two-story wall. Before the patch, the crown molding was displayed correctly at the top of the two-story room.

See picture below:

post-519-0-52571700-1410443473_thumb.jpg

Does anyone else have the same issue ?

Strange how they announced the 16.4 patch for Chief but not here for the HD titles but they are there. I used the update program feature and it told me there was no update but they are on the website ...however I am using Pro 2015 Trial (and Pro 10) , not sure it's really a "Patch" at 365mb , sounds like the whole main program download again....

I assume you checked the upper and lower room dbx >moulding tab to ensure they were set right?  cos the one displayed looks correct for the lower room and none in the upper room

M.

Correct. I only have a Base Molding in the lower room and only a Crown Molding in the upper room. In the upper room I tried to set the Offset From Floor of the Crown Molding to the total high of the two-story room, but that did not fix/change anything.

to my surprise the patch works with the trial version too

and it appears you are correct , happens to me on a Play Plan too

I also tried setting the height the height to the total in the structure tab and it didn't move 96" >218" and it didn't shift

however it will move down for some reason ? set it to 48" and it moved down....

post-25-0-10048700-1406745434_thumb.png

post-25-0-68086400-1406745451_thumb.png

I checked Mick's results (downloaded-installed the update) drew an open below-clerestory room and was unable to get the crown molding showing properly in the open-below area, ( I thought if I could figure out a work-round, I would then make a video of it to share) but no-dice, it is a bug and proper function should be returned by Chief Inc with another patch.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...

Same here.  I have Home Designer Architectural 2015, full paid version, and just updated it today.  When rendering an interior view of our plan, it placed molding on our open-below lower floor.  You can see our loft in the background.  I've found the molding to be a bit buggy from the start on this program, but this is the most glaring problem we've had.  Hope to see a fix very soon!  

post-594-0-22304800-1407832976_thumb.png