NO FLOORS

pompey1

Tell us (me) what software you have and its version number please and post a picture of what you are seeing on your computer screen so we (I) can have some orientation as to what you are seeing or not seeing. Define exactly what you mean by "lost my floors".

DJP

I'm using home designer architect 2014. I'm new to the program so I'm still trying to figure things out. I had designed a

bathroom with floor. Somehow, and I'm sure I clicked something I shouldn't have, my tiles floor, which did show in my design has disappeared and Instead it's showing a grassed area.

In floor plan view, click on the room. If the room doesn't become highlighted then it is probably no longer being defined as a room due to incomplete wall connections somewhere. Look closely at the corners of the room and if there are spots that don't connect, fix them. This is what has caused my floors to disappear in the past and now it's the first thing I check if the problem crops up.

When Viddi says "look closely" she means zoom rather close to see if any wall connection corners look "funny" and those like that manually reconnect them until they do look right (if no "Room Dialog Box" can be accessed then THAT IS the reason for no floor. The floor material can be set to "zero thickness" (sero thickness + no visual floor)

DJP

Vikki's guess sounds like a good one to me , when HD does weird things like this , closing HD and restarting it sometimes fixes these "anomalies too.

if you only have a terrain perimeter with grass you could try deleting it (and rebuilding it too)

without some pics it s all a bit of a guess though.

M.

how to take "Pics" of your Plans/3D views

use File>Export>Picture (Jpg)     to take "snapshots" of your plan view and 3d camera views too , then attach them to a post by going to the "more Reply Options" after you click post and there is a button on the bottom left to Choose/attach files.  once the file is uploaded make sure to "add it to the post" on the right hand side. ( you will see a link added to the post only then which shows up once you submit the post.